For about a year now, I’ve been making playlists for every month. January 2017, February 2017, & so on.
I am a very musical person, & always will be. My taste is pretty eclectic–I don’t turn down any genre (unless it’s country, in which case–sorry, no), & so my playlists vary from month to month, from song to song, & are a great way for me to bring back specific memories. Like: “Oh! “First Kiss” by Safakash reminds me of being in Colorado last July, riding a gondola up a mountain & seeing a mound of snow in mid-summer!” Some songs are for specific memories; some just trigger feelings that I had around that time. Either way, it’s a great way for me to document my feelings in a way that isn’t writing, & also a great opportunity for me to share what I have been listening to lately!
This month has some real oldies, as well as the newest of the new. Harry Styles’ album, inspired by a lot of older English artists, gave me the motivation to go back & listen to a few of not only Styles’ favorites, but my favorite English performers, as well.
The image I put for this month’s playlist was one I discovered when roaming my university town. I like looking at street art, & this photograph especially caught my eye. I immediately added the song to my “May 17” playlist. I hope you like it as much as I do!
- Meet Me in the Hallway – Harry Styles
- Blue Light – Mazzy Star
- Love – Lana del Rey
- By Your Side – The 1975
- Heavenfaced – The National
- Good Girls – LANY
- Things I Know – Kweku Collins, Kipp Stone
- Get You (feat. Kali Uchis) – Daniel Caesar, Kali Uchis
- Redbone – Childish Gambino
- Same Drugs – Chance The Rapper
- Love Galore – SZA, Travis Scott
- Slippery (feat. Gucci Mane) – Migos, Gucci Mane
- Passionfruit – Drake
- BTSU (Demo) – Jai Paul
- The Other Side Of Paradise – Glass Animals
- Am I a Girl? Am I a Boy? Do I Really Care? – In Love With a Ghost
- Soldier of Love – Sade
- Drown In My Own Tears – Ray Charles
- Good Man – Raphael Saadiq
- Mr. Brightside – The Killers
- Kiwi – Harry Styles
- Strangers – Halsey, Lauren Jauregui
- Dreaming – Winter
- La vie en rose – Edith Piaf
- Come On Eileen – Dexys Midnight Runners
- Wouldn’t It Be Nice – The Beach Boys
- Sleepwalk – Santo & Johnny