I first posted my Into The Gloss-inspired #TopShelfie on Instagram and Tumblr, but decided to make a more in-depth post about it on here! This covers some new products I have been trying out lately as well as some old favs/holy grails! Yes–some of them will be Glossier…of course. But I’ve got a lot of other things too 🌤so go ahead and take a peek!
(P.S. some products pictured in my #TopShelfie won’t be talked about here, & some products that aren’t pictured in my #TopShelfie will be talked about here. I’ve provided links to all the products, & there are some discounts at the bottom for all of you! <3)
- Glossier Milky Jelly Cleanser – I have to start off with this product. Other than Balm Dotcom, it’s the first Glossier product I gave a go. I was extremely skeptical of a “non-foaming cleanser” a year ago…but it’s stood the test of time, & countless bottles later, my skin is clearer, softer, & always smells slightly of flowers. I always have loved it, I always will, & I can’t live without it. The non-foaming formula actually saved my sensitive skin–most foaming cleansers strip my dry skin of any moisture– & I continue to sing its praises even though I’ve already recommended it so many times.
- Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, & Rosewater – this is truly the holy grail of toners for me–AND it’s so so so inexpensive compared to most other toners. I love it so so much; I’ve tried a lot of toners but honestly, this one has to be the best. I don’t think I’ll ever find a better one. I have the big size, the normal size, & the tiny tiny travel size. It’s also a great way to keep cool during the summer–I just spritz it all over my face when I’m feeling a bit sticky.
- Milk Makeup Matcha Solid Toner – so apparently this is the world’s first solid toner, which is pretty cool! It pairs with a matcha cleanser as well (you have to buy them separately). I personally wouldn’t use the cleanser daily as it’s a bit too exfoliating for my sensitive skin…but I LOVE the toner. It majorly reduces redness (most green tea products do) & both are great options for traveling because they’re solid so you avoid the whole TSA inconvienience.
- Saturday Skin Wide Awake Brightening Eye Cream – i have dark circles but don’t mind those; i DO mind that i wake up with puffy eyes & literally the first day i tried this & woke up looked in the mirror the puffiness was gone. it worked right away for me, no waiting period! Love, love, LOVE. Saturday Skin kindly sent this to me, but I already know I will be purchasing one myself when this one runs out!
- Dr Jart+ Cicapair Tiger Grass Color Correcting Treatment with SPF 30 – I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! It was a splurge for me…but I don’t really like the feel of face makeup anymore; this is the perfect thing for people who don’t like that feeling. I little goes a very long way, so it’ll last me a good while. It looks green in the container, but adjusts to your skin tone when you apply it on your face, kind of like a CC cream. It’s especially great for getting rid of redness, & also has SPF 30 in it….major bonus for my extremely sun-sensitive skin. It smells like freshly mown grass, which some may find odd, but I really like it! for those who do like face makeup, but also like to color correct, this can be used under makeup too! It’s very multipurpose.
- Anese Slay Serum – I have only used this ONCE. Just once. I woke up the next morning with incredible glowy dewy skin. It’s super hydrating & very concentrated. You probably need only 2-3 drops for your whole face.
- Glossier Invisible Shield Sunscreen SPF 35 – Yup, the one everyone’s been yelling bout! I don’t care…my skin loves it & so do I. I have had no problems & have been using it almost daily for a good 14-16 days now. I think chemical sunscreen scares a lot of people, just like the word “acid” does. Neither are necessarily harmful! It’s about different formulations & different ingredients. Some prefer chemical, some prefer physical. I like both, as long as they don’t break me out, or leave a white, sticky cast. This one does neither. It sinks into my skin very well–so well that I feel like it could double as a primer! Overall, a 9/10. The only thing I have to say is that I wish it’d last a bit longer. (For those who prefer a physical sunscreen, see the next two products)
- Dr Jart+ Every Sun Day UV Sunscreen SPF 50 – This is a physical sunscreen–so for those of you who aren’t interested in chemical ones, it’s a great option; it doesn’t leave a white cast on me (although…keep in mind I’m very pale, so it might leave one on others with deeper skin tones) & doesn’t smell sunscreen-y. It does contain titanium dioxide & zinc, which is normal for a physical sunscreen. If your skin doesn’t like those ingredients obviously stay away!
- Glossier Super Pure Serum – Another holy grail. I will never stop buying this. It’s my favorite thing to use in the morning, since I often wake up with redness around my nose. This gets rid of it very quickly, & also reduces breakouts/maintains my skin’s clarity. Love!
- Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum – Okay. This one’s super expensive. A friend who didn’t like the smell gave it to me (I really don’t mind products that have an odd smell as long as they do the job!) & I tried it a couple days in a row. The first day, I got a little irritation since it’s SUPER concentrated (most Drunk Elephant serums are) but by day 3 my skin was brighter, firmer, & more glowy. Like I said, I got this for free! But i am seriously considering buying it myself once I run out. Also: a little goes a long way because like I said, it’s super concentrated. (P.S.: the smell i can only describe as being kind of smoky? That’s weird to say but if you want more detail about it I’d read Sephora reviews or Drunk Elephant website reviews about it!)
- Drunk Elephant T.L.C. Sukari Babyfacial – Also expensive. This was the first Drunk Elephant product I purchased…but boy am I glad I did. This lives up to all of the hype it has. I’d never heard of “masques” (aka a treatment for any skin condition you want to take care of, usually made up of ingredients like clay, algae, essential oils, carrier oils, herbs and vitamins) before this one, & so of course I got a sample from Sephora before purchasing (with a discount) from the actual Drunk Elephant website (hack-if you use the code at the end of this post, you’ll be able to get this $80 product for $65). After two uses, I was hooked. The Babyfacial makes your skin softer, smoother, & gets rid of bumps & texture. It burns a bit when you apply it, but that’s totally normal. You’re only supposed to use it once a week, since it’s high in AHA levels. (This also makes you more sensitive to sun, so make sure!!!! You use sunscreen when using a product like Babyfacial) Anyway…I will absolutely be repurchasing & repurchasing the Babyfacial. It’s a unique product that works extremely well for all skin types.
- The Ordinary Lactic Acid 5% – SUPER cheap. I love this because i got one of the 100 point Sephora samples of the Sunday Riley Good Genes lactic acid treatment & really liked it…buuuutttt didn’t have $125 to drop on the product. So, I did some research & found The Ordinary’s lactic acid. They also have a 10% version, but they recommend you start with 5%, even if you don’t have sensitive skin. I really like what it’s done for my skin. It helps retexturize & clarify, just like the Good Genes! It does have a weird smell (someone said it smelled like burned plastic; but like I’ve said, I don’t mind a smell as long as it works) & can be a bit tacky on your face. It can also can be a bit drying, so I definitely recommend you use a GOOD moisturizer afterwards. Overall?? I really, really like it & it’s helped me out a lot. It just makes my skin more transluscent & clear. I’m considering trying the 10% version once my 5% is out! We shall seeeeeee.
- Glossier Priming Moisturizer Rich – Cannot live without it. You’ve all heard me scream about it God knows how many times. As it got warmer & more humid, I was worried it was going to clog my pores like a lot of richer creams do. Nope! Still works well, still reduces redness. I love my PMR!
- Sunday Riley U.F.O. Ultra-Clarifying Face Oil – This product has a special place in my heart. It’s the first truly expensive skincare product I ever purchased. Granted, it was purchased with Christmas money, but still. I’d been complaining to a friend about the condition of my skin, & she immediately sent me a link to the UFO. I almost had a heart attack over the price, but I tried a few Sephora samples & finally caved. It was worth it. Super clarifying, smells like a forest, is bright green (which is cool) & clarifies your skin without burning it or drying it out. Another great fact: Sephora started selling a smaller size for $45 as well as the full size which is $80. If you’re unsure about the product, go for the smaller size. It’ll still last you forever (I’m not even half done with mine) & you won’t be dumping a pile of money on a product you’re not sure about. As of late, it’s known to be used by Harry Styles. So…I mean……if that isn’t reason to buy it…..not sure what is.
- Origins Super Spot Remover – I always whine about spot treatments claiming to work overnight when they actually don’t. For me, this one really does work overnight. The bottle/vial is small for a $15 product, but you only need a tiny tiny drop. I feel like it’ll last a long time. Besides, if it works overnight, I’m happy to spend $15 on it.
- Origins A Perfect World SPF 40 Age Defense Moisturizer With White Tea – It is classified as an age defense moisturizer, so you probably don’t NEED it if you’re a young person. However, this was sent to me by Origins so I decided to give it a try. Initially, I was a little iffy about it since it’s a cream PLUS an SPF which could potentially make it heavy, sticky, or both. However, I’ve used it overnight a multiple times by now & haven’t had any issues with breakouts. The smell is also very fresh, almost therapeutic, which I really like! I was also doubtful about using it in the day time, as it seemed kind of heavy for day. At the same time, however, I felt like it is INTENDED for the day since it contains SPF. I didn’t know what to feel about it, but gave it a go. No complaints, no breakouts. It’s not my absolute favorite cream ever, but I like that it didn’t feel heavy or sticky during the day or night, & it’s a great option for when you don’t feel like adding the sunscreen step to your routine.
- CLĒ Cosmetics Oxygen Foam Cleanser – I love this for the evening. This is seriously the only foaming cleanser I can use without feeling like my skin has been stripped of all its moisture. It’s very soothing & I like watching it bubble up on my face! I don’t know how they managed to make such a soothing cleanser that was also foaming, but they certainly did that. I thought they sold all of CLĒ at Ulta, but they don’t sell this cleanser; just their other cleanser which is a non-foaming one. However, you can buy the Oxygen Foam Cleanser on CLĒ’s website, as well as a bunch of other really cute cosmetics (most of them with SPF inclusion, which is great) so I highly recommend checking them out!
- Tonymoly Makgeolli Sheet Masks – I really don’t have a problem with any of the Tonymoly masks because they all work very well. However, when I want my skin to clear up, these always have my back. Their rice sheet masks are also clarifying, but the makgeoli version works best for me! It makes my skin more transluscent, doesn’t dry me out, & reduces redness. Magic, & super cheap.
- Origins Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay – another magical Origins product. I got the travel size one as a 100 point Sephora reward, and I cannot wait to run out & purchase the full-size as soon as my mini runs out. This is very similar to the Lush Rosy Cheeks face mask, since both reduce redness & irritation. This one, however, I like just a little bit more. Something about the slightly exfoliating texture makes my skin about 100 times softer after I remove it. I always feel refreshed, soft, & free of irritation or redness after using this baby.
- Glossier Mask Duo – my last two cents (for now). I love this mask duo, especially in the summer. It has everything that you might need for summer skin, all contained in two masks. The first one, the Mega Greens Galaxy Pack, is a clay mask that reduces redness, clarifies skin, & detoxifies–described as a juice cleanse for your face. The second, the Moisturizing Moon Mask, is my favorite summer mask. I especially love it chilled in my fridge–it provides an extra boost of coolness, & it smells absolutely amazing: kind of like fresh yogurt (in the best way possible. I don’t even like yogurt that much but this smells amazing to me). The best hack for this mask? Chill it in your fridge, apply it before you step in the shower, & bask in a cooling mask & a steamy shower. Amazing. Oh, & it plumps your skin. Oh, & you can use it as a sleeping mask, too. Okay. I’m done.
I promised you discounts, & here they are! 20% off Drunk Elephant (you need. the. baby. facial), 20% off Anese, $10 off Peach & Lily (get the Saturday Skin Eye Cream!!!!) & $10 off the Tonymoly website (literally any & all of their sheet masks are good).
And, of course, I would absolutely love it if you shopped with me at Glossier. You can see my favorites, my cute (and a bit awkward) video, & get some good skin stuff..and good makeup stuff. Just good stuff in general.
My first “skin care” post on here, but many more to come! Comment & tell me what you’d like to see, or what your favorite/holy grail products are! Or tell me what you think I should try next that I would love! Just comment.